Admit it chipped, broken, chiseled and plaque filled teeth are something to be embarrassed about. Whether it’s some gum infections, or misaligned teeth or some accidental incident chipped broken teeth hinder you from smiling or even sometimes speaking up in public. And it is the mythical fear of dentists that makes people neglect dental issues even more. However now with the opening of some leading dentist crown Liverpool and it’s adjoining areas you can easily reshape your teeth.
Understanding Dental Crowns
To put in simple terms dental crown is a cap-like tooth-shaped structure used to cover, reshape and restore the teeth structure. After successful dental crown implantation, an overall improvement in the aesthetics and appearance of the dental structure is seen. The implanted crown gets cemented properly into the gum lining and properly encases the visible portion of the teeth. Thus overall improving the shape, size, and appearance of the teeth.
How Needs Dental Crowns?
Here are some of the situations where opting for a dental crown can successfully restore the aesthetics of your teeth
- For protecting and support the weak or decaying teeth.
- To restore an already broken down or cracked tooth.
- To provide support for an overall worn out tooth
- In case if there are not much of tooth left crowns are used for tooth filing
- Crowns are inevitable for holding the dental bridges together
- They provide great cover for misshaped or discolored teeth
- The dental crowns are great for covering dental implants
- They are severely used in various cosmetic treatments of teeth
Other than these common usage pediatric dentists have a wide range of crown usages for children as well. Some of the usage includes
- For saving severely damaged tooth that can’t be saved by filing
- To protect the teeth which are at high risk of decaying
- For reshaping the structure of a tooth
What are the Different Types of Crowns Available?
Crowns can be made of various substances and their prices and usage vary accordingly. Some of the leading cosmetic dentists Liverpool has had an entourage of crown material available as per the patients’ convenience. Some includes.
- Stainless Steel - One of the most common crown material used is stainless steel. The crowns made of stainless steel are prefabricated in nature and they cover the entire tooth settings and protect the damage of tooth from further decay. Stainless steel crowns are mostly suggested for children as once the crown is set it doesn’t require many dental changes.
- Metals - A wide array of metals from gold, silver to chromium, etc. are used. Metal crowns don’t chip or breakdown however the metallic color sometimes acts as its disadvantages.
- Porcelain - These have an appearance exactly similar to normal teeth. Although due to its tendency to wear and tear, chipping, etc. there lies risk of breaking off of the porcelain layer yet it is regarded as the most popular form of a crown.
In the bottom line, for reshaping and restoring the aesthetics of your teeth crown is the best option. So visit the leading cosmetic dental clinics of Liverpool today.