Linksys range extender is a networking device that supports your wifi home network to reach in every corner of your residence. Linksys range extender receives the signals from your existing wireless router and re-transmits it by enhancing the signal strength at all-around your home or office. It comes with an advance Spot Finder Technology which helps you to decide the best location to place your Linksys device.
Linksys Range Extender – A Brief Introduction
Linksys range extender comes up with a wide range of amazing and brilliant solutions to cover up your insufficient WiFi coverage area. While selecting the correct Linksys range extender, always make sure that it is compatible with your existing main access point or wifi router. The Linksys offers a variety of range extenders:
- RE6700 AC1200
- RE6800 AC1750
- RE9000 MU-MIMO
- RE7000 AC1900+
- RE6400 AC1200
- RE6350 AC1200
- RE6500 AC1200
- RE6500HG AC1200
- RE4000W N600
- RE4100 N600
- RE250 AC750
- RE6300 AC750
- RE3000W N300
- RE2000 N600 and many more.
You can choose any range extender according to your requirements. Like Linksys RE6700 AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender is capable enough to extend the wireless router up to 10,000 sq. Feet meanwhile RE6350 AC1200 is best for live streaming and gaming.
Key Points to Remember Before Setting Up Linksys Range Extender
WPS Button: You can setup your Linksys extender with the help of WPS button. With the WPS button method, you can easily setup your Linksys wifi extender without visiting extender.linksys com or performing any setup steps. Just press the WPS button and a reliable and strong wifi connection in between your existing wifi router and range extender.
Linksys Cloud Account: Before proceeding for the configuration of the range extender, ensure that you have a Linksys cloud account. Linksys cloud account helps you to configure the extender's settings. All you need to just create a Linksys cloud account and link it with your existing router.
Linksys Extender Setup Guidelines
Linksys wifi extender can be set up in two different modes: Extender Mode and Access Point Mode
You can transform your Linksys wifi extender into extender mode to access point mode or vice versa anytime as per your convenience, just via re-configuring it through extender.linksys com.
Extender mode will amplify your wireless signals without any kind of cables/wires requirements whereas with access point mode will provide you with the superior WiFi speed.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup with Extender Mode
- Open an Internet web browser and type extender.linksys com or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit Enter key. 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address of Linksys extender.
- A security login on-screen will pop up on your display on your web browser.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Click on the new extender setup button.
- Type the Wifi passphrase and Hit on the continue button.
- Click on the save settings button
- Reboot your Linksys range extender once.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup with Access Point Mode
To set up your Linksys WiFi extender as an access point (AP), you need to connect your wifi router or switch with range extender via a LAN cable.
- Plug in the range extender into an electric socket/switch.
- Launch the Internet web browser and go to the 192.168.1.1 IP address by typing it into the address bar.
- The Linksys extender login page will pop up on the screen.
- Select the access point mode.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter the security configuration settings as per the requirements.
Congrats!!! Your Linksys range extender has been installed successfully as an Access point. If you still find any difficulty during the Linksys range extender setup, drop your queries in the comment box. We will be delighted to help you always.