Despite the fact that might be you're been using the Roku remote for a short while and every single thing is hunky-dory. Then the day will come when you will be stabbing at the buttons on your Roku remote and nothing will happen. Damn!!! My Roku remote has stopped working suddenly - WHY????
This is the most simple fix that you can do in just 2-3 minutes. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of forums and blogs that will give you the worst advice on how to make your Roku remote working. Please, we insist you, do not do one of the following:
- On your Roku box please do not perform a factory reset.
- Do not replace your remote with a new one.
A factory reset process can delete Roku Activation Code you used to activate Roku tv. But it won't make a difference to make your remote running. Buying a new Roku remote will work, but it's not necessary.
Below is a couple of possible fixe you can do if your Roku remote stopped working suddenly:
- Remove the batteries.
- Gently, rub the batteries.
- Wait for a short while before inserting the batteries back again.
- Please look very carefully into the battery compartment of your Roku remote and find the purple button.
- After that, unplug your Roku device from the power socket.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes.
- Plug your device back.
- Wait for another 2-3 minutes for the Roku banner to bounce around on your Roku home screen.
In case, the screen asks you to provide it a code for activation for Roku then provide it. We hope that you have Roku TV code handy with you. If not, then don't worry. Just dial a toll-free number 855-795-5955 and ask our certified professionals to fix this Roku error for you.
- Push and hold the purple button in the battery compartment of your Roku remote for 5-15 seconds.
- Wait for a few minutes for your Roku to boot up completely.
Now, you are good to go. We bet - you're glad you that didn't perform a factory reset process. Aren't you? Still, you've got to be delighted/excited that you didn't spend money on a new Roku remote too. Isn't it?
Prior to getting gloat, might be this didn't work for you anymore. As a matter of fact, if you've tried this numerous times with no success on how to fix Roku remote not working issues, then you're now really pissed and we don't blame you.
Don't worry. We'll tell you how to get this straightened out in just another couple of minutes, dear folks.
- First of all, sit back and relax.
- Take a deep breath.
- Forget about your worries.
- Have a glass of water.
- After that, grab your smartphone.
- Then, get the “Roku Remote Control” application.
- Finally, search for 'Roku Remote Control' (without quotes) option.
And that's it, dear folks. They have an Android and an iPhone version both.
As a matter of fact, the Roku remote control application is superior to the Roku remote control - period. If for no other cause/reason, it's an amazing backup when your Roku Remote gets lost in the cushions, couch, mattress or after Fido stimulates his gums with it.
We hope that you're watching your favorite programs without facing any Roku sound problems. If none of the aforementioned suggestions work, call us on our toll-free number or drop your queries at email@example.com. Maybe there's another easy and handy solution that will get you back on track.