Netgear EX6100 setup boosts up your existing WiFi network range and delivers a dual-band WiFi as well. Netgear EX6100 can be also used as an access point mode in order to create a new WiFi hotspot by making use of a wired Ethernet connection.
Use the range extender in access point (AP) mode
- First of all, please make sure that the Extender/Access Point switch is set to access point.
- After that, grab an Ethernet cable and connect the Ethernet port on your range extender to the Ethernet LAN port of your existing WiFi router.
- Once done, please plug your Netgear range extender into a damaged-free power source and wait for a small piece of time for the power LED to light solid green. In case, it doesn't light up, just push the power button on your Netgear device once.
Now, open a WiFi network manager on a computer or laptop to locate and connect to the anyone of the following WiFi network:
The client link LED will become solid green as soon as the connection with the computer or laptop is successfully established.
- On a connected device (computer or laptop) please load up an internet browser.
- After that, not into the search bar, but into the address bar field of your web browser, type mywifiext. As soon as you are done with it, the new extender setup page will be displayed.
- Over here you have to click on the new extender setup button.
- Now, 'create account' page will be displayed. Please complete the fields over here and click on the Next button.
- After that, you have to verify that the extender or access point switch is set to the extender. Once verified, click on the continue button.
Your range extender will automatically check live and active internet connection.
- Here, you have to click on 'public network' or 'home network' (without quotes) button.
- Now, set the SSID (network name), password (passcode), and security option for each AP network. Hit the next button once done.
Congratulations! Your settings are applied successfully and your Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender is ready for use as an AP mode.
- Now, what you have to do is to use a WiFi network manager on your computer or laptop in order to connect to the new AP network in a hassle-free way.
- Click on continue and after that, a page will be displayed confirming that you have created an AP successfully.
- Hit on next and register your device after that.
Below are some easy to execute steps to access the settings of your Netgear WiFi range extender
After the Netgear extender setup process, you can log in to your range extender to view or change it’s settings.
To log in to your range extender:
- Using a wired of a WiFi connection, connect your computer or laptop with the range extender. Ethernet cable is used for wired connection and the default WiFi network name (Netgear_ext) is used for WiFi connection.
- Once you have connected your device (wired or wirelessly) with the Netgear WiFi range extender, the Client Link LED will blink in green color.
- After that, head towards an internet browser.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net or mywifiext.net into the browser's address bar field.
Mywifiext login screen will open.
- Enter your login credentials - click on the login button and after that, the Status page will be displayed.
To get rid of mywifiext.net not working issues, follow some below-given steps.
- Type the URL correctly. If this also doesn't work, use the IP address of your range extender.
- If you are typing the URL correctly, and still not getting mywifiext.net setup success, then make sure that your router and the range extender and placed within reach of each other. And also make sure that your computer or laptop is properly connected with your Netgear device.
- Restart your device (computer or laptop) as well.
- Clear cache and malicious files from the device and choose another browser to log in.
To fix any kind of issue, call our technicians at toll-free number 1-855-844-0144.