In this article, I’m explaining how to set up the tracing code your website using google analytics.
Google analytics provides powerful feature to get statics of your web content like whole website or single page of the website, blogs, Facebook, RSS feed, etc. Here I need to set the tracking code in the web content where do I want? So, How to set up the code for website let’s see that let’s see that.
There are following steps to set up the website tracking code:
1. First of all create your account in google analytics or if already exist then login with google analytics.
2. Sign up after login for setting up your new account.
3. Then create a new account with some information as account name, website name, and website url.
4. After set up all details and accept the some options click on the Get Tracking ID and accept the terms and condition.
5. After you will ready to get the tracking code. If you already google analytics account then you will go to Admin and click to Tracking Info/ Tracking Code under the property settings.
7. Copy the code snippet. Don’t edit your snippet. Just copy it. You might want to paste it into a text document if you’re worried about accidentally losing or changing the snippet from your clipboard.
8. Paste your snippet (unaltered, in its entirety) into every web page you want to track. Paste it immediately before the closing </head> tag. If you use templates to dynamically generate pages for your site (like if you use PHP, ASP, or a similar technology), you can paste the tracking code snippet into its own file, then include it in your page header.
9. Check your set up. Make sure that the tracking snippet installed on your website matches the code shown in the view, and see more ways you can verify your set up.
It can take up to 24 hours for the Google Analytics servers to update after you make a change to your tracking code, so if you’ve recently completed or changed your set up, wait before you check to see if it’s working.
There are few ways to check the tracking code activate or not. If your tracking code not activate then again set up the tracking code. To check the tracking activate by the following steps:
1. Click on the Admin
2. Click on the Tracking Info/Tracking Code under the property tab.
Waiting for Data
The tracking code has been detected on the homepage of your website, and the Google Analytics servers are updating your configuration before your data can be processed and appear in your reports.
Tracking Not Installed or Not Verified
The tracking code isn’t set up correctly on your webpages.
You’ve got the tracking code set up, and it’s collecting and sending data to your property. You can still use the other tools, like the Google Analytics Debugger, to do a more in-depth analysis or to troubleshoot your set up.
There's no data available that Google Analytics can use to tell if your tracking code is working. Check your set up to see if you can find a solution.
If your Tracking Status message removed and receiving data message it will activate and other war the check the Reporting menu give the status it will be work successfully.