In the upcoming Visual 2022 release, the tech giant, Microsoft has decided to unveil a set of extensions that are helpful in enhancing the productivity of developers. It has been named Productivity Power Tools pack 2022 and it comes with an extension pack. The power pack is available at the Visual Studio marketplace. The complete package has been the idea of Microsoft DevLabs that has created many extensions dealing with productivity, themes, release management, etc.
The above figure displays what’s all in the box of Microsoft’s New Visual Studio 2022 Productivity pack. Although all of them come as bundled or in a package, the developers can disable or uninstall individual components.
The new VS 2022 power pack includes:
- Double-click maximize 2022: double-click window headers to maximize and dock the assignments.
- Align Assignments 2022: Adds a command to visual studio to align assignments.
- Peek help 2022: adds a command to Visual studio to show the F1 help inline with the editor.
- Solution Error Visualizer 2022: it adds squiggles to the VS Solution Explorer. This helps in viewing the error message that was traditionally seen in the Error List window, earlier.
- Time stamp margin 2022: it adds the margin to debug the output window.
- Middle-click Scroll 2022: it enables scrolling in the editor pane
- Fix mixed tabs 2022: it detects and fixes the mixed tabs and spaces for the developer, automatically.
- Copy as HTML 2022: it adds support to copy the selected editor text to the clipboard in the HTML format.
- Match margin 2022: it lets the developer highlight the text in the code, making it easy to view all the locations where text is used in the editor.
The power extensions which were used earlier in VS 2017/2019 such as Go To Definition, Quick Launch Tasks, and Power Commands are no longer available in the new extension pack. They have become an in-built feature of Visual Studio.