Looking for help to be exonerated of dead zones and poor connectivity areas from your home or workplace? Undoubtedly, using the latest Linksys router can help you in getting wireless connectivity. But it is not enough powerful to provide fast internet connection in every corner of a house or office. So, a Linksys range extender would be the ultimate solution to this frustrating problem. You just have to perform
Linksys extender setup and access internet everywhere any signal breakage or buffering in streaming videos.
Though, there are several reasons why you get improper WiFi signals, still Linksys range extender is the permanent solution to this problem.
What Would Be The Reason Behind Improper WiFi Signals?
• Usage of wireless bandwidth.
• Position of router at a lower shelf, back of anything, or inside cabinet.
• Interference caused by concrete or metal walls, kitchen appliances, etc.
• Wireless signals (a kind of radio waves) that get refracted from interference-creating device.
• Numerous wireless devices connected with a single WiFi router.
Solution: Placing the router to a neat and clean area can resolve this issue.
Note: This process doesn’t work every time.
In this post, we will tell you how to perform Linksys Setup Extender process without any issue. But first of all, we will tell you:
How Does Linksys extender Work?
As everyone knows that Linksys is one of the leading brands which provide up-to-date and high-technology WiFi range extenders. There are several make and models of
Linksys extender available in the market. For e.g. RE6500, RE6500 AC1200, RE6400, RE6300, RE3000W N300 and a lot more. These WiFi range extenders enlarge the wireless signals incoming out of the main router.
Approximately all Linksys wireless range extenders work on the same technology. They enhance the existing WiFi signals and spread them to all over the home or office – even in dead zones and poor connectivity areas. These devices act as a replicator or bridge which duplicates the weak signals in amplified signals and turn dead zones into fun zones.
Extender Linksys Configuration
Almost every range extenders come with a LED (power light) on the front side which provides information about WiFi setup. The white color of LED shows that power is on and moreover the extender is restoring the default factory settings. The solid color LED indicates that the device is all set to be used.
Note: Blinking LED in another different color means that there is an issue with network and Linksys extender setup.
Make sure to plug in the extender properly so that no problem arises during the
Linksys setup extender. On the other hand, they also include an Ethernet port through which the entire wireless network can be connected easily.
Moreover, this port is even meant to send or receive data personal and confidential (safely and securely). In case you encounter any problem while configuring your range extender, don’t forget to take help from our highly-experienced and qualified technicians at toll-free 1-844-748-5637. They have the capability of guiding you step by step to get rid of such brain-teaser issues and make extender configuration a triumph.
Things to Know Before Linksys Initial Setup
• Make sure that you have an active internet connection throughout the installation and configuration process.
• Do not use neighboring networks or public WiFi.
• Use damaged-free, cut-less and clean Ethernet cable.
• Consider connecting the antennas of wireless range extender.
• For Linksys extender login, make sure that you are using the latest version of web browser.
• Update the firmware of router and the extender to the latest version of technology.
Once you are done with all these things successfully, go for Linksys extender setup process.
1. Plug your range extender and the router into a power source.
2. Open a preferred web browser like Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Explorer, on a laptop or computer.
3. In the address bar, type http://extender.linksys.com and after that hit the enter key.
4. Wait for couple of minutes as a basic login screen will appear.
5. Enter the username and password by default to log in.
6. A setup window will open. Here, you have to choose the wireless option and click on the manual radio button.
7. Fill the security settings for your range extender.
Now, unplug the range extender from the electrical socket and plug it back again but after two minutes. You will see that your Linksys wireless range extender has been set up successfully.
Note: If you face any issues during the setup process, reset the extender to default factory settings.
If this post helps you in completing the setup process, let us know in the comment box. You can also ask if you cannot connect to
linksys extender and our technicians will get back to you with a definite solution instantly.