ASP.NET MVC is a framework that focuses on convention over the configuration. The folder structure is very essential for every framework to see:
1) App_Data: this contains the database files like local instance SQL server express database files.
2) Content: it contains the static content that is used for the web application building like CSS, images, etc.
3) Controller: it contains the controller classes that are used in ASP.NET MVC architecture.
4) Models: it consists of the model classes that are used to interact with the content and go in sync with the MVC architecture of the ASP.NET.
6) Views: it contains the frontend view that will be seen after the model is rendered.