Users Pricing

forum

Home Forums How should IIS bindings be set up for multiple HTTPS sites on one IP? – MindStick

How should IIS bindings be set up for multiple HTTPS sites on one IP?

John Smith 125 04 Oct 2026

I’m hosting several HTTPS sites on a single IIS server and IP address. Each site has its own certificate, and I’m not sure whether I should rely on host names and SNI for every binding or assign separate IP addresses.

In IIS, the binding has a host name field and a “Require Server Name Indication” checkbox. Is SNI the normal choice for current browsers, and are there any gotchas when renewing certificates or adding another site later?

I’d appreciate hearing how others organize bindings for multiple production sites on one server.


0 Answers

Markdown for AI

A clean, structured version of this page for AI assistants and LLMs.

Open .md