SharePoint is one of the most popular web services developed by Microsoft. It has a wide variety of uses in various enterprises and highly supports collaborative software development projects. Many companies have switched to SharePoint for its numerous advantages.
Why use Microsoft SharePoint for your enterprise?
Also Read - 5 advantages of employing a SharePoint developer.
Here are the top ten reasons why you should use SharePoint:-
- SharePoint facilitates all your business activities: SharePoint point can make it easier for you to conduct business. It has many workflows to simplify tasks like document reviewing and approval, initiation, tracking and reporting, tracking and reporting issues, approval of signatures, and so on. To perform all these tasks on SharePoint, you do not require coding. It helps to save a lot of time and speeds up the work.
- SharePoint fulfills all regulatory requirements: With SharePoint, you can easily manage all your crucial business data. SharePoint settings let you control the security, expiration policy, storage and auditing policies of all your data to control them effectively. By doing it, you can reduce the risk of litigation.
- It lets you manage and re-purpose content effectively: You can prepare your content and choose a scheduled time for publishing it on your website. You can also reuse content.
SharePoint also supports multi-lingual content. There are specific library templates that help to maintain a connection between original documents and their translations.
- SharePoint is highly customizable: SharePoint helps to simplify data. SharePoint users can easily simplify complex data for better viewing. They can remove information that is unnecessary for a more personalised experience. You can also store all your documents in a single central location for ease of access. Users can also make changes to existing SharePoint features so that it meets the demand of the projects.
- It has an 'Enterprise Search' option: SharePoint's 'Enterprise Search' option is one of its most helpful features. It lets you connect business data to other crucial information about people, documents and web pages to ensure that the search results are more relevant and comprehensive.
- SharePoint enables a faster business process: With SharePoint, it takes very little time to collect essential business-related information from customers, suppliers and business partners. Without coding, you can directly acquire these data From a web browser. SharePoint's forms-driven solution highly facilitates this procedure. It also has built-in data validation rules which ensure that the data you collect is accurate and consistent. You can also integrate your information directly to the back-end to ensure that there is no duplicate entry. It solves all the existing problems with the manual entry of data.
- SharePoint comes with enhanced secure: Security is a common concern among all business enterprises these days. SharePoint reduces the risks of sharing sensitive information. It lets you give your employees access to Excel spreadsheets from a browser. These spreadsheets must be running on SharePoint. You can share one central version of these spreadsheets with multiple users while also protecting your sensitive information. You can also prevent unauthorised access to your data. It lets you view any changes or revisions made to a document and ensures full security of all your documents. In this way, it also makes working in collaboration an effortless procedure.
- It lets you involve your employees in the decision-making process: SharePoint enables you to create BI or Business Intelligence portals that are interactive. These BIs that employees can build on their own draw information from different sources to display it on dashboards, KPIs or key performance indicators, web parts and scorecards. Users can locate all of these things in a single place, and this makes it easier to perform decision-making functions.
- SharePoint has a single, integrated platform: Since SharePoint is open-source, it is easy to integrate different technologies within it as such SOAP, XML, and so on. It also has many useful APIs, event handlers and other elements that facilitate integration. It is highly flexible, and you can add new applications, even non-Microsoft ones whenever you want.
- SharePoint technology can be an asset to your company. There are so many features to explore once you get acquainted with it. So simply just hire SharePoint developers for company growth. SharePoint can accelerate your business growth and help your firm in more ways than you can imagine.