Agra is the famous tourist destination of North India and every day there more lakhs of people who visit the location. The primary reason for people to visit Agra is the presence of Taj Mahal.
Tajmahal is the symbol of the Love located which is also the seventh wonder of the world. It is well-famous around the world and people come to visit from every corner. People mostly know the outer story of the monument which mostly positive but there is something very interesting which people should know before they visit the destination.
Some of the facts that will blow your mind are the following:
- The Tajmahal was built by around 22000 workers which took around 20years to complete. It was the maximum time that took in the Mughal monument.
- The wish of the emperor Shahjahan was to build the structure with the black marble but it was not possible because his son interrupted the plan.
- The walls of the monument show different colors at different times of the day like it is pinkish in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden in the night under the moonlight.
- The workers used about 28 types of precious stones to build the monument which was transported from Tibet, China, Sri Lanka and some parts of India.
- The materials were transported to the construction site with the help of the 1700 elephants.
- It is the largest mausoleum of the city where people offer prayers. on Friday, the monument is closed for the general public but it is open for the people who wish to offer prayer.
- The entire monument is built above the graveyard of the Mumtaz Mahalin whose memory the entire building is made. Shahjahan was also buried beside the same graveyard. The room is never open for the general public to see the same.
- The monument is so huge and built up of white marbles which can give a fair idea of the cost. The total expense of Shahjahan to build the monument was 100 US dollar.
- The dome at the peak of the monument is known as the onion dome which is 35 meters high and surrounded by four other domes.
- We lost some beauty of the monument because of many precious stones were ripped from the walls by the Britishers during the Indian rebellion in the year 1857.
- The Tajmahal is taller than Qutub Minar which people prefer to be the tallest monument in the country. The difference is of five feet.
- The walls of the monument have numerous calligraphic inscriptions along with Islamic verses. It has 99 different names of the Allah inscribed.
- The other out of shock fact is that other wives and favorite servants of emperor Shahjahan is buried in the mausoleums but not inside the Tajmahal. The complex is the same.
Tajmahal is a beautiful destination and to date, it has increased the tourist attractions to the next level. It has got a high place from the UNESCO which has made it more popular. The facts might say many things but what remains in the mind of the people is the love story of Emperor Shahjahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
Taj Mahal is the most beautiful monument in India and There are so many ways to explore the allure of beautiful Taj Mahal.
Taj Mahal Tour From Delhi is one of the best options to enjoy the things of Agra.