WBJEE 2020 examination dates
The official dates of WBJEE are not announced yet but you can check the WBJEE date from the following table.
Starting of online form filing 3rd week of December 2019
Last date for form filling & fee payment 3rd week of January 2020
Last date to download the confirmation page Last week of January 2020
Application form correction window Last week of January 2020
Admit card release 2nd week of April 2020
Exam date 19th April 2020
Release of answer key 1st week of May 2020
Last date to challenge the answer key 2nd week of May 2020
Recorded responses publish 2nd week of May 2020
Last date to claim for Review 2nd week of May 2020
Final answer key publish 3rd week of May 2020
Result declaration 4th week of May 2020
Counseling begins Last week of May 2020
The below information is provided to help the candidates to fill the WBJEE application form 2020:
• There is only an online mode of filling the application form.
• The WBJEE 2020 application form will be released in the 3rd week of December.
• Candidates should have a valid/working email address and mobile number to fill the application form.
• While filling the application form candidates need to upload scan images of photographs between 10KB to 200KB.
• Candidates also need to upload a scanned image of his/her signature between 4KB to 30KB.
• The candidate must keep the printout of the confirmation page for further use.
Application fees of WBJEE 2020
Application fees of WBJEE 2020 are Rs.500/- (five hundred rupees only) plus bank’s service charges. The payment can be done by credit card/debit card or net banking.
The payment status will automatically update to “OK” after the payment is done. But in some rare cases, there might be a delay in the payment mode due to the failure of the transaction or the bank’s bad network. In that case, the candidates are advised to do payment again.
Do not wait till the last date to make the payment in order to avoid the payment failure.
Eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2020
• Citizenship: The candidate must be Indian.
• Age restriction:
1. The lower age limit is seventeen years and there is no upper age limit for appearing WBJEE 2020.
2. For the engineering course, the lower age limit is seventeen years and the upper age limit is twenty-five years.
Qualification Eligibility for Engineering:
Qualifying Exam 10+2 or equivalent exam recognized by the Central Government or the concerned State Government.
Subjects Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and anyone from the Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application.
Percentage Must have secured 45% marks (40% marks for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD categories) in the above-mentioned subjects.
English Subject Should have qualified English at 10+2 level with a minimum 30% marks.
Qualification Eligibility for Pharmacy:
Qualifying Exam 12th or equivalent examination.
Subjects Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and anyone from the Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application.
Percentage Minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for other reserved categories.
English Subject It is mandatory to qualify the English subject in 12th class with a minimum of 30% marks
WBJEE Exam pattern
The details of WBJEE examination pattern is given below:
• The examination is conducted in offline mode on the bases of OMR marking.
• Candidates have to appear in two papers :
1. Paper-I – Mathematics
2. Paper-II - Physics & Chemistry (combined).
Candidates appearing in both Paper-I and Paper-II will be eligible for admission in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy Courses in all institutes.
• The examination of WBJEE will be conduction in two shifts i.e. morning shift (11 AM to 1 PM) and in the evening shift (2 PM to 4 PM).
• The question paper will be consisting of multiple-choice questions with four options provided against each question.
• The candidates have to use a black/blue ball pen to fill the OMR sheet while answering the question.
• The marking scheme and the number of question for WBJEE are provided below:
WBJEE syllabus 2020
The syllabus of WBJEE is provided below. The candidates should go through the following topics while preparing:
• Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions, Calculus, etc.
• Physics: Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Laws of motion, Gravitation, Viscosity, Kinetic theory of gases, Electrostatics, Magnetic effect of current, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, etc.
• Chemistry: Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Coordination Compounds, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, etc.