If you are one of the many people keen to get MetroPCS, the device programs are user-friendly. Due to low and fixed costs every month and lack of contracts, you need to know everything about device compatibility. The mobile phones function with two different technologies.
- Global System for Mobiles or GSM
- Code Division Multiple Access or CDMA
After the shutdown of CDMA network, only those devices using the GSM technology are going to stay compatible with the MetroPCS service. Even though the transition left several subscribers in a halted start, the trade-in program by the company is an offering of the company to mitigate the woes. After the expiry of this program, you will need a phone that is compatible with the GSM technology if you are keen to avail the MetroPCS program. The other requirements are.
- The phone must be compatible with the frequencies that MetroPCS uses
- You have to unlock the phone to get the benefits of this program.
Unlocking the MetroPCS service
Most of the new MetroPCS phones come with pre-installed device unlock application, which is a fast service on which to rely. Follow these steps to know how to unlock MetroPCS service.
- Try to check the SIM card of your phone and make sure that it does not use the CDMA technology.
- If your device is compatible with the device unlock app, you can try to find it at first.
- Try to connect through a fast or reliable network such as Wi-Fi or 3G.
- Choose the permanent unlock option in the app, select your choice and wait for the change to occur.
- You can restart the phone and it must be unlocked for all the networks that are compatible. For the new network, you will need a SIM card.
- You may come across a few problems while unlocking the device, but following the instructions on the screen and restarting the device again can restore the issues.
- Unlocking the device with the help of the customer service of MetroPCS is a good potion. However, if you are not ready to take the plunge, you can try to unlock iPhone through a third party service.
Choosing a reputed service
This is another of the challenges you need to accept for unlocking the service of MetroPCS. The best option is to search for the service providers online and you may come across several service providers. Once you locate the third-party service, you must check their physical address. Identify the checkout system and the refund policy of the site before accepting their services. You must not forget to check the hourly rates. Provide the IMEI number in the place where they ask and provide the necessary charges. The unlock code comes almost immediately, but in most of the cases you have to wait for a couple of days for it to arrive.
The following are the devices capable of suing the MetroPCS network.
Generally, the phones using the T-Mobile network can avail the MetroPCS code and if your device belongs to this network, you can access the offerings of MetroPCS.
Due to the presence of GSM bands, so any device such as Windows, iPhone or Android that comes with a network that has been unlocked from the AT&T can work. If you have a phone that is compatible with AT&T, you can unlock it to be used with MetroPCS. Selected models of Motorola, LG or iPhone are also capable of the process of unlocking.
Making it work
You can bring your old number in the new system and all that you have to do is to request for the port. The new service provider contacts the old service provider to make the necessary changes. Due to the cheaper offerings and for enjoying the same service level you unlock the MetroPCS code. Whether it is the data plan, talking time or texting options available, you will come across a wide range of convenience when you unlock the code of MetroPCS.