The Android SDK includes a virtual mobile device Emulator that
runs on your computer. The emulator lets you prototype, develop and test
Android applications without using a physical device.
The Android emulator is an application that provides a
virtual mobile device on which you can run your Android applications. It runs a
full Android system stack, down to the kernel level that includes a set of
preinstalled applications (such as the dialer) that you can access from your
applications. You can choose what version of the Android system you want to run
in the emulator by configuring AVDs, and you can also customize the mobile
device skin and key mappings. When launching the emulator and at runtime, you
can use a variety of commands and options to control its behavior
In this article I am going to discuss how we can speed up
emulator. If your emulator is running on slow mode then you have
need to follow some step which step make emulator faster.
1. Open your application
2. In menu bar, click window and
choose the Android SDK Manager.
3. And select the Intel x86 Atom System Image.
4. Scroll the Android SDK Manager window and at last select Intel x86 Atom
Close this window.
5. Now go to your drive C:\Program Files\Eclipse\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager
And install IntelHaxm.
Intel(R) Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (HAXM) with Intel(R) Virtualization Technology (VT) for faster Android. HAXM is a hardware-assisted virtualization engine (hypervisor) that uses Intel(R) Virtualization Technology (VT) to speed up Android.
If you are facing the below problem:
If your system does not support IntelHaxm then you need to follow the give bellow step -
· Open your Command prompt with Administrator mode and write
the bcdedit command
For set hypervisorlaunchtype off to write command bcdedit /set
If your command operation perform successfully then check hypervisorlaunchtype
is off or not.
Write the command again bcdedit
And reboot your system
6. After reboot your system go to your drive C:\Program Files\Eclipse\adt-
bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64- 20131030 \sdk
\extras \intel \Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager and install IntelHaxm.
7. Now go on your application and create a new emulator
And launch your emulator. Now your emulator work faster.
Thanks for reading this article. You can enter
your valuable comments and suggestion to improve this article in the comment