Microsoft office application plays a major part in our day to day life. It is used to manage our examinations, work, business and so forth. Microsoft works continuously on its products hence launched the latest versions regularly. The latest and updated version of Microsoft is Office 365 and Office 2016 and also Office 2019. Microsoft office comes along with an office suite, in case you need assistance and guidance about the latest Microsoft products dial the
Microsoft Customer Service Number.
However, Microsoft office users have reported several issues while using it. And, the one error which frequently occurs while updating or installing office; it is error code 1704.
Error code 1704
The Error 1704 is generally faced by users during the process of installing a Microsoft Office product. It will occur when the installation effort is made unsuccessfully. This error stops the installation of an updated Microsoft Office version because the existing one has been erroneously installed. Here below we will discuss the solution, symptoms, and causes of error code 1704.
Symptoms of Error 1704
Error 1704” takes place and crashes the office. Computer device often crashes with Error 1704 while running the Microsoft application. Due to this error code, Windows runs slowly and reacts sluggishly to mouse or keyboard. Moreover, the computer sometimes “freezes”. However, it generally occurs during the installation or updating of the Microsoft Office to the latest version.
Causes of Error 1704
- Improperly installation of Microsoft Office.
- Corruption in Windows registry
- Corrupted Windows file or virus attack and malware infection
- Incompatibility or mistakenly deleted Microsoft Office-related files.
- Fix Microsoft Office Error code 1704
- Disable Firewall and Antivirus Temporarily
- Follow the below steps to disable Firewall:
- Open the “control panel”
- Browse “system and security”
- Go to the “Windows Firewall”
- Right tap and turn it off
- Pick Turn Off firewall for private as well as the public network.
- Now, try installing or updating Microsoft Office
SFC Scan to fix Error code 1704
The system file checking the scan is the procedure of substituting or fixing the corrupted copy of system files using the cached copy of the file from the directory. In case your face issues while performing manual steps, call upon the Microsoft Support Phone Number. Follow the steps to start the SFC scan:
Open the command prompt in.
- Write “sfc /scannow “ and hit Enter
- The scan will start automatically.
- Wait until the scan get completed
- Remove and reinstallation
If Error code 1704 isn't evacuated with SFC scan and firewall/antivirus, it is obligatory to expel the Office suite from the control panel and reinstall the item for precise use.
Keep an eye on the below-given steps to fix Error code 1704 completely.
- Open the control panel
- Tap on uninstall programs and features
- Find the Microsoft Office
- Now choose Microsoft Office and click on the Uninstall button
- Restart the device and install the office setup again.
These are the possible fixes that surely going to fix error code 1704, in case the issue stands still persist, dial the Microsoft Tech Support Phone Number for expert’s help.